Tuesday, May 5, 2015

MY ZERO WASTE LUNCH SET





I work part time as the Volunteer Coordinator at SAFE(Save Animals From Exploitation)
 which is the leading Animal Rights Orghanisation in New Zealand (it's the best!) and look after my son the rest of the time, so I have been piecing together a Zero Waste Lunch Set for the past couple of months. For me, is has to be practical, simple and aesthetically nice, and it has to translate from the office I work in to a travel set that I can take if I take my son out somewhere like a park where we want to eat out. It also doubles as a travel set when we go on holidays or day trips. 
It also, of course has to be made up of sustainable and good quality materials that will last the distance. So here it is...

-An Eco Tanker Stainless Steel Drink Bottle.
-A Regular Mason Jar
-A Small Mason Jar
-A Cotton Drawstring Bag
-A Cotton Napkin
-A Stainless Steel Spork and Teaspoon
-A Stainless Steel Straw

 My Eco Tanker is the best. It is a New Zealand brand Stainless Steel and the lid is recyclable if it ever breaks. I use it to keep hydrated with H2O throughout the day.
I LOVE my Mason jars. I have a whole pantry of them of different sized. I use the medium ones for takeaway coffees or juices and usually have a second one with organic vegetable soup from home for my lunch. YUM. The small mason is for snacks such as nuts, seeds or dried fruit.
                                       

The cotton napkin belonged to my Grandmother and it has gorgeous embroidery on it. I love it. I usually have a 2nd napkin to wrap food such as dates or raisins in it. The brass spork and teaspoon are must haves for every kind of food when I'm out, and the Stainless Steel straw is perfect for juices and other cold drinks. The cotton drawstring 'doggy bag' (get it?????......) is so cute for snacks like feijoas and bananas and I have 2 of them-they were made from one of those long sausage shaped plastic bag holders (ironic much???) which I cut in half and sewed each end to create 2 small bags. these are awesome for toting takeaway treats such as Vegan scones or a roll of bread for my soup so I usually take 2 of them with me wherever I go. The doggies on them make me soooo happpppyyy every time I look at them.


The brass spork and teaspoon were purchased at a craft market off a lady who buys 2nd hand cutlery and stamps words onto them. Soooo awesome. Creative upcycling at its' best.
The spork says 'u r unique' and the teaspoon says' embrace life'. I love them!!

I usually carry my lunch set in an organic cotton tote and it had made my life so much easier when it comes to eating when I'm not at home.
I hope this has given you some Zero Waste Inspiration!

And Remember...
Compassion is Invincible

Xx
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts. They are so informative and satisfying! And I actually laughed out loud at the doggy bag joke. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration, Hannah! :-)

    ReplyDelete